Natural ways to take care of acne
We all suffer from zits, but some teens experience dreaded acne which can leave marks, damage your skin, and leave you feeling insecure. Acne is the result of your changing hormones, clogged pores, excess oil, bacteria and/or dead skin cells.
The wrong way to deal with acne is to pick at it or pop it – this will leave marks and scars. The right way is to either let it go away on its own or use medication to help if it’s severe. There are also a few natural remedies you can try:
- Tea tree oil: Facial products containing tea tree oil can help clear up and/or prevent zits from coming up again. Don’t use pure tea tree oil though, as it’s quite strong for sensitive skin.
- Green tea: It contains antimicrobial properties which can help eliminate acne-causing bacteria. Use cooled green tea as a face wash or place a teabag over the pimple or affected area.
- Honey: With amazing antibacterial properties, it can be used directly on a pimple or mixed with oatmeal to make a facial scrub.
- Aloe vera: Use aloe vera as a cleanser to boost blood flow and kill harmful bacteria or directly on pimples to reduce irritation and redness.
- Diet: Good food = healthy body; so, try changing your diet to include healthy foods (such a more fruits and veggies), cutting down on junk and fast foods, and drinking plenty of water.